Thursday, February 22, 2007

The Deal


So... Hereby I acknowledge my total defeat on the bet placed over the movie "Dirty Dancing"... yes, for all of you curious about it the movie IS set in 1963:
Baby: [voiceover] That was the summer of 1963 - when everybody called me Baby, and it didn't occur to me to mind. That was before President Kennedy was shot, before the Beatles came, when I couldn't wait to join the Peace Corps, and I thought I'd never find a guy as great as my dad. That was the summer we went to Kellerman's.
Who would have thought it!!!!

2 comments:

pseudoveg said...

Hi everybody,

It is amazing to hear that we were very sociable with each other, indeed I got the impression that there has to be a good balance between scholarship and good sense of humor....

If I decide to go to Dresden I hope I will meet again with all you brilliant people...

Perhaps, see you there ¡

Xico, alias HP

(Could someone explain me how come MPIers said I look like Harry Potter??¿¿¿¿ lol)

PhD students 2007 said...

hi roberto, yeah! that means a good bottle of wine for me :o) :o):o):o):o):o)... I'm looking forward to drink it and possibly I will even share it with the spender! I'm a generous person :0). hope to have other bets like this! how is everybody by the way? I have finally accepted the position in Dresden and I'm going to start in may already. Is anybody else starting so early? hope to hear from you! franzi (the winner of the bet :0)